Ley Lines & Ancient Sites - Guided Tour - Apollo & Athena July 2, 2015
PAST EVENT - NO NEW DATE YET
Celtic Inspiration and Ba Miller would like to take you to three special places in the Penwith peninsula of West Cornwall where we will trace and interact with the Apollo and Athena earth energy lines. Prepare to be amazed and have an adventurous go at dowsing yourself!
After careful consideration we have hand-picked three magical locations on the Apollo and Athena ley lines that will surely leave you breathless and inspired:
1. Zennor Head is a 750 metre long promontory on the Cornish coast overlooking the Atlantic (Athena Line).
"Nature, or perhaps the Giants, had somehow contrived to mark the spot where Athena came ashore after her long swim in the Atlantic Ocean. She should have been tired after her journey from Skellig Michael but wasn't. She felt very lively and the dowsing rods indicated that there was a strong reaction with the land. This feeling is no doubt partly a product of those who inhabited the land for millennia and have left their marks wherever you look. But ther is something even more ancient, a rapport with the rocks themselves". From: The Dance of the Dragon
2. Madron's Well and ancient Celtic baptism in magical woodlands (Apollo Line).
Madron Holly Well is located in one of the most eerie and haunted woodlands in Cornwall; ancient gnarled branches creak and groan in the wind, and deep in the woods the holy well lies guarded by 'cloutie' trees festooned with rags, charms and other offerings left to invoke the miraculous healing properties of the sacred waters. We followed the old path to a ruined, roofless chapel with a granite altar and seats. The atmosphere within was one of deep calm; the sort of calm that strikes deep into the soul'. From: The Dance of the Dragon
3. St. Michael Mount a.k.a. 'the grey rock in the woods' in ancient times, but now a loved pilgrims place in the sea (crossing of Apollo & Athena Lines).
"When we look at the Mount today, floating ethereally in its sheltered bay, it is easy to forget that the island is really a drowned mountain, part of a land that stretched as far as the Isles of Scilly. Dowsing the dimensions of the Apollo and Athena lines as they came together at the centre of the rocky platform we could feel the power rushing through; the exact place where the currents crossed seemed to create a vortex of energy that made the spine tingle". From: The Dance of the Dragon
Experiencing the ley lines
This tour aims to visit all three places by keeping to a strict time schedule. At each location you will have time to have a look around, take part in a guided meditation to get you into a receptive state in preparation for dowsing, and to get a feel of the particular earth energy line. After you have watched or taken part in dowsing in order to map where the line runs, a further deepening of the contact with the Spirit of Place/Line is offered during a shamanic journey. Then, you will witness the impact of human consciousness on the line. At the end of the day you will probably also have got a good sense of the different feel to the Apollo line and the Athena line.
An 'Adventures on the Apollo and Athena lines' tour ticket costs £50.
There's a special discount when taking both tours ('Adventures on the Apollo and Athena' plus 'Musings on the Mary and Michael lines tour): £80.
Ticket fee is non-refundable ( unless we have to cancel). It is however allowed to give your ticket to a friend or sell your ticket to another person in case you have to cancel.
Programme Adventures on the Apollo & Athena (Ley Lines & Ancient Sites - Guided Tour - Michael & Mary)
09:30 - 10:00 Transport from Penzance Train Station/Bus Station to Zennor
10:00 - 10:30 Walk out to Zennor Head (approx 1.2 km, easy path)
10:30 - 12:00 Exploring the Athena line at Zennor Head
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch time*
14:30 - 16:00 Exploring the Apollo line at Madron's Well & Celtic Chapel
16:30 - 18:00 Exploring the crossing of Athena and Apollo lines at St Michaels Mount* (low tide 13:21/high tide 19:20)
18:30 Back at Penzance Train Station/Bus Station
* Other costs
Lunch is at your own expense. You could take a packed lunch or eat at the Tinners Arms in Zennor.
Access to St Michaels Mount is £8.00 per adult, free to National Trust members. At high tide there will be boat charges - £2.00 adult (one way).
Visiting special places in the land, we focus on offering our participants a glimpse of the sacredness and interconnectedness of all things and how ancient mindset can help reveal and inspire healing of the loss of that spiritual vision. In our tours we use the dowsing rods to make visible how Consciousness or Spirit (of the land, a place, an earth energy line etc) is interacting with us and how it responds to our communication with it. The dowsing is mainly done by the organisers to locate and mark the manifestations of the above mentioned. However should you want to have a go and see and feel the rods move for yourselves, then with some basic instruction of how to hold the rod and what to focus on, you can try it yourselves.
- the tour will visit ancient sites, in our respect of them we will leave only footprints and take nothing but photographs;
- bring appropriate clothing for British weather, and know that walking footwear might get muddy;
- you are responsible for your own safety and welfare whilst walking, so be prepared for all weather and terrain and walk carefully;
- tour involves some walking - can be 1km, some of it on uneven surfaces and sloping ground;
- transportation from Penzance Train/Bus station is included in the price, please be in time as we will leave on schedule;
- entrance fee to St Michael's Mount is not included in the price;
- bringing children: they need to be interested and min. age 16;
- bringing dogs: unfortunately parts of this tour are not suitable/allowed for dogs;
- tour is not suitable for people with walking disabilities or heart pacemakers;
- following the coach in a car is not permitted;
- this is not a 'dowsing for beginners' course, the dowsing part of this tour is meant as a taster and to inspire & awe;
- if you want to have a go at dowsing during the day, then please bring your own dowsing rod(s) or use one of our spare rods.